5.06.2010

we really do love them







I stepped off the plane.
The fragrance and warmth in the air clung to me, we were finally home!

After the short drive home, my husband and I walked into a disaster zone.

We had been gone three short weeks. Three blissful weeks away from Hawaii. With family and friends, and basking in the glow of our beautiful daughter. We have two dogs. They are both relatively easy animals to care for, and live with.

To say we that we were unwise with our caretaker choice is an understatement. Aside from beer bottles strewn around our house, our animals had been locked in the hot garage with rat poison, squandering in their own urine and feces. Lovely!

Our good friend Peter cleaned up the mess, and cared for our animals until he had to leave the island. At this time caregiving reverted to yet another friend, fortunately this kid was more responsible then the first. Despite that, he totally failed.

My toilet seat.lid is broken, there was urine everywhere, it smelled like an unsanitary/unkept dog kennel, our coffee pot had not been washed out and had an ants nest inside it, cockroaches, poop and pee all over our deck, dirty dishes, dirt all over everything. hair. yuck.

We spent 13 hours at the terminal, total. 5 hour flight. 30 minute ride home. 3 hours of cleaning.

3 hours of cleaning- with little to show for it. When we woke up it was straight back to work. 6 am to 7 pm, and we are FINALLY finished!

Needless to say, my feet hurt. Badly. I am tired, but unable to sleep. I read the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series- against my better judgement... and am mildly embarassed to admit that I am addicted. I do not own the second book so we are on our way out tomorrow to find it.

Cesar Milan's book, "The Girlfriend's Guide to Toddlers" and "Positive Discipline, years 1-3" all need to be read, anyway.

So, I am off. I will do another blog about my awesome trip. For now I just want to get offline, and sit with Chris.

Someone should buy me a wrap. Why? Because I want one. A Nino. Badly. And for the next few months, there will be no wraps :/ We are going to focus on re-doing a few of our rooms...

woot.

On the plus side, we have new wine glasses, an AWESOME new coffee pot (ironically it is the same awesome one that his parents have.. which we loved), we have lots of fresh produce, and we fixed up a room especially for our stupid dogs. YAY!





No comments: